Crafted with the Spanish Montebuena 2014 Cuvee KPF Rioja, the Santagria immerses citrus undertones with the light-bodied red. With choices of wines from around the world, MySomm will tailor your perfect pairing to your unique palette.
Hailing from Spain, the sangria is a festive way to infuse your holiday experience with winter flavor! The Santagria is a festive update to the classic cocktail that works perfectly for holiday entertaining, and it’s surprisingly easy to make at home. In honor of National Sangria Day this Sunday, let’s dive into how to make the perfect sangria with the Spanish Montebuena 2014 Cuvee KPF Rioja, a light-bodied Spanish wine exclusively available at River Ranch’s MySomm.
2 honeycrisp apples
1/2 cup brandy
1/4 cup orange liqueur
1 (750-ml) bottle Montebuena 2014 Cuvée KPF Rioja
2 to 3 cups sparkling water, chilled
1. Cut the oranges and apples into thin slices or wedges. Leave the peels on. Transfer the cut fruit to a pitcher.
2. Measure the brandy and pour it over the fruit.
3. Measure the orange liqueur and pour it into the pitcher as well.
4. Uncork the wine and pour it into the pitcher.
5. Stir the liqueur, wine and fruit together.
6. Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, though overnight is preferable. Sangria gets softer and sweeter with time.
7. When it’s time to serve, make your Santagria sparkle off with sparkling water, like Topo Chico. Stir gently, adjust to taste. Top off your cup of cheer with pieces of fruit.
Santa’s tip: For sweeter sangria, use tonic water instead of sparkling water.